Did you know that feeding seaweed to cows can reduce the methane in their burps and farts by more than half? Or that a forest of kelp absorbs more carbon than a tropical rainforest of the same size? We can even make edible bioplastics from seaweed! Beyond the tideline, there are around 10,000 types of seaweed.
An essential ingredient for life on Earth, seaweed has sustained animals and people for many thousands of years. From ancient history and mythology to modern uses in food, health and medicine, discover how seriously cool seaweed is, and how it can even help tackle climate change.
Complete with a guide to common seaweeds and foraging guidelines, this charmingly illustrated picture book will educate and inspire, and encourage respect for the natural world.
‘A great, easy-to-understand book for kids about how important seaweed is.’ - Tim Flannery.
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for April orders is 9am Thursday 25 March;
- If you're not receiving an order in April (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside and send with May's delivery;
- Offer exclusive to members only.
You can purchase as many of the add-on books as you like. Other titles are available here.