The pull quote on the front of this book, from Rebecca Solnit no less, describes its author as ‘like Joan Didion at a start-up’. Do we even need to say more? Uncanny Valley recounts Anna Wiener's personal experiences working in Silicon Valley during its height of tech industry idealism. What follows is an expose of the "boyish camaraderie and ride-or-die corporate fealty...a Silicon Valley far over its head, one that enriched itself at the expense of the idyllic future it claimed to be building".
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery
- Cut off for April orders is midday Monday 23 March
- If you're not receiving an order in March (or you miss the cut-off) we'll put aside your book until May deliveries
- Offer exclusive to members only