Written with equal parts honesty and empathy, this is the story of three friends in their 70s who gather for a final weekend at the beach house of a recently passed friend. Each of the women are dealing with their own grievances - regret, disappointment, grief, loneliness - as well as navigating the dynamic of the group without their friend to steer the ship. Things get a little tense to say the least; secrets are revealed and loyalties are tested. Charlotte Wood can write female characters with such precision and humanity and these women are no exception.
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery
- Cut off for January orders is midnight Tuesday 31 December
- If you're not receiving an order in January (or you miss the cut-off) we'll put aside your book until February deliveries
- Offer exclusive to members only