A novel as absorbing as it is prescient, The Vanishing Half is a multigenerational family saga that follows twins, inseparable as children, who ultimately choose to live in two very different worlds: one black and one white.
Weaving together multiple strands and generations, from the Deep South to California, from the 1950s to the 1990s, Brit Bennett produces a novel that is at once a riveting, emotional family story and a brilliant exploration of the American history of passing. Looking well beyond issues of race, The Vanishing Half considers the lasting influence of the past as it shapes a person’s decisions, desires, and expectations, and explores some of the multiple reasons and realms in which people sometimes feel pulled to live as something other than their origins.
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for January orders is 9am Monday 28 December;
- If you're not receiving an order in January (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside and send with February's delivery;
- Offer exclusive to members only.