A buoyant and heartwarming celebration of individuality, identity, and dressing to suit yourself!
It’s almost Frankie’s birthday and everything is ready — except for something to wear. All of her party dresses feel wrong. Her family tries to help, but it’s no good. What Frankie longs for is a suit. A spectacular suit … Can Frankie find the outfit of her dreams?
"From Kat Patrick, author of Doodle Cat and Howl, comes a gorgeous picture book about the nervous joy of expressing yourself through clothing and the strength that comes with family support. Finding the perfect look (especially one with such strong Bowie vibes) for your own party can be incredibly empowering, and The Spectacular Suit also plays with gender in the same, delightful way that children do. Artist Hayley Wells’s picture book debut is warmly illustrated in a limited colour palette, creating a cohesive story world … While this story is a great one for sharing with children from the age of three, when the desire to choose your own outfit really begins to take hold, it could be perfect for those well into primary school, when individuality and identity begin to take on more significance." MICHAEL EARP, BOOKS + PUBLISHING
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for December orders is midnight Sunday 28 November;
- If you're not receiving an order in December (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside and send with January's delivery;
- Offer exclusive to members only.
- Reading notes to spark conversation and imagination
- No extra shipping fees
You can purchase as many of the add-on books as you like. Other titles are available here.