The false cold of the theatre makes it hard to imagine the heavy wind outside in the real world, the ash air pressing onto the city from the nearby hills where bushfires are taking hold.
The house lights lower.
The auditorium feels hopeful in the darkness.
As bushfires rage outside the city, three women watch a performance of a Beckett play.
Margot is a successful professor, preoccupied by her fraught relationship with her ailing husband. Ivy is a philanthropist with a troubled past, distracted by the snoring man beside her. Summer is a young theatre usher, anxious about the safety of her girlfriend in the fire zone.
As the performance unfolds, so does each woman’s story. By the time the curtain falls, they will all have a new understanding of the world beyond the stage.
‘An enigmatic, elegant and assured novel that explores the power of art in revealing us to ourselves.’ - Charlotte Wood
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for March orders is 9am Thursday 25 February;
- If you're not receiving an order in March (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside and send with April's delivery;
- Offer exclusive to members only.
You can purchase as many of the add-on books as you like. Other titles are available here.