In a world of perennial fire and growing extinctions, Anna’s aged mother is dying - if her three children would just allow it. Condemned by their pity to living she increasingly escapes through her hospital window into visions of horror and delight.
When Anna’s finger vanishes and a few months later her knee disappears, Anna too feels the pull of the window. She begins to see that all around her others are similarly vanishing, but no one else notices. All Anna can do is keep her mother alive. But the window keeps opening wider, taking Anna and the reader ever deeper into a strangely beautiful story about hope and love and orange-bellied parrots.
An ember storm of a novel, this is Booker Prize-winning novelist Richard Flanagan at his most moving - and astonishing - best.
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for November orders is 9am Monday 26 October;
- If you're not receiving an order in November (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside until December deliveries;
- Offer exclusive to members only.
You can purchase as many of the add-on books as you like. Other titles are available here.