'Through one woman's survival during the harsh and haunting Dust Bowl, master storyteller, Kristin Hannah, reminds us that the human heart and our Earth are as tough, yet as fragile, as a change in the wind.' Delia Owens, bestselling author of Where the Crawdads Sing.
Texas, 1934. Elsa Martinelli had finally found the life she’d yearned for. A family, a home and a livelihood on a farm on the Great Plains. But when drought threatens all she and her community hold dear, Elsa’s world is shattered to the winds.
Fearful of the future, when Elsa wakes to find her husband has fled, she is forced to make the most agonising decision of her life. Fight for the land she loves or take her beloved children, Loreda and Ant, west to California in search of a better life. Will it be the land of milk and honey? Or will their experience challenge every ounce of strength they possess?
From the overriding love of a mother for her child, the value of female friendship, and the ability to love again - against all odds, Elsa’s incredible journey is a story of survival, hope and what we do for the ones we love.
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for July orders is 9am Monday 28 June;
- If you're not receiving an order in July (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside and send with August's delivery;
- Offer exclusive to members only.
You can purchase as many of the add-on books as you like. Other titles are available here.