Collected Stories includes both volumes of National Book Award-winning author Shirley Hazzard’s short story collections - Cliffs of Fall and People in Glass Houses - alongside uncollected works and two previously unpublished stories.
Twenty-eight works of short fiction in all, Shirley Hazzard’s Collected Stories is a work of staggering breadth and talent. Taken together, Hazzard’s short stories are masterworks in telescoping focus, ‘at once surgical and symphonic’ (New Yorker), ranging from quotidian struggles between beauty and pragmatism to satirical sendups of international bureaucracy, from the Italian countryside to suburban Connecticut.
In an interview, Hazzard once said, ‘The idea that somebody has expressed something, in a supreme way, that it can be expressed; this is, I think, an enormous feature of literature’. Her stories themselves are a supreme evocation of writing at its very best: probing, uncompromising and deeply felt.
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for January orders is 9am Monday 28 December;
- If you're not receiving an order in January (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside and send with February's delivery;
- Offer exclusive to members only.
You can purchase as many of the add-on books as you like. Other titles are available here.