From the award-winning author of Stone Sky Gold Mountain come these superbly crafted stories that explore the inner lives of those who are often ignored or misunderstood.
We follow a migrant mother who yearns to feel welcomed at a kids’ party in a local park; a young skateboarder caught between showing loyalty and being accepted; and an Indonesian maid working far from home who longs for the son she’s left behind. Bookending this collection are two stunning novellas: Annah the Javanese re-imagines the world of one of Paul Gauguin’s models in nineteenth-century Paris, while the highly acclaimed The Fish Girl reworks a classic W. Somerset Maugham story from the perspective of a young Indonesian woman.
With rich emotional insight and a light touch, these wide-ranging stories reveal hidden desires and human fragility.
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for May orders is 9am Wednesday 27 April;
- If you're not receiving an order in May (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside and send with June's delivery;
- Offer exclusive to members only.
You can purchase as many of the add-on books as you like. Other titles are available here.