May you always feel at home.
After deciding not to have a biological child, Sarah Sentilles and her husband, Eric, try to adopt a baby through foster care. Knowing that the system aims for reunification with the birth family, they open their home to a flurry of social workers who question, evaluate, and prepare them to welcome a child into their family - even if it most likely means giving that child up.
After years of starts and stops, the phone call finally comes: a three-day-old baby girl, in urgent need of a foster family. Sarah and Eric bring this newborn stranger home.
‘You were never ours,‘ Sarah writes, ‘yet we belong to each other.’
An extraordinary account of love and belonging, Stranger Care shares her discovery of what it means to take care of someone beyond our immediate kin: not just a vulnerable infant, but also the birth mother who loves her too. Sarah Sentilles brings her trademark fearless prose and compassion to an intimate story with universal concerns: What does it mean to mother? How can we care for and protect each other? And how do we ensure a better future for life on this planet?
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for June orders is 9am Tuesday 25 May;
- If you're not receiving an order in June (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside and send with July's delivery;
- Offer exclusive to members only.
You can purchase as many of the add-on books as you like. Other titles are available here.