Told in the form of a letter from a son to his illiterate Vietnamese mother, On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous is a mixture of an immigrant novel, a coming of age story and a piece of autofiction. Written in stunning prose by breakout poet Ocean Vuong, the story exposes the struggles that pave the road to ‘becoming’ an American. It’s about intergenerational trauma, the unutterably sad opioid epidemic, masculinity, homosexuality, violence and America’s class system. It’s unflinching and beautiful and, quite honestly, one of the most affecting books we’ve ever read.
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery
- Cut off for December orders is midnight Thursday 28 November
- If you're not receiving an order in December (or you miss the cut-off) we'll put aside your book until January deliveries
- Offer exclusive to members only