The kind of book you can read in one sitting from one of the great dissectors of human emotion, Ian McEwan. Set on the Dorset Coast in 1962, we meet Edward and Florence on their wedding night. Both virgins, Edward is just about ready to burst with the desire to consummate their marriage whereas Florence is dreading it. Seems simple enough but in less than 200 pages and covering just two hours, McEwan creates an expansive examination of class, propriety, love and sex, and of lives transformed by gestures not made and words not spoken. Have some tissues ready!
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery
- Cut off for January orders is midnight Tuesday 31 December
- If you're not receiving an order in January (or you miss the cut-off) we'll put aside your book until February deliveries
- Offer exclusive to members only