A stunning, thought-provoking novel about facing up to your family and your future, Losing Face deals with timely issues around consent and inherited trauma.
Joey is young, indifferent. He’s drifting around Western Sydney unaware that his passivity is leading him astray. And then one day he is involved in a violent crime, one that threatens to upend his life entirely.
Elaine, his grandmother, is a proud Lebanese woman with problems of her own. When Joey is arrested, she is desperate to save face and hold herself together. In her family, history repeats itself, vices come and go, and uncovering long-buried secrets isn’t always cathartic.
This gripping and hard-hitting novel reveals the richness and complexity of contemporary Australian life and tests the idea that facing consequences will make us better people.
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for July orders is 9am Monday 27 June;
- If you're not receiving an order in July (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside and send with August's delivery;
- Offer exclusive to members only.
You can purchase as many of the add-on books as you like. Other titles are available here.