A wife leaves her husband when their marriage breaks down. The husband is riddled with shame. So is one daughter. Another daughter becomes confused, unruly and deeply sad, and one day disappears. The novel jumps from character to character until an impressive portrait of the family is drawn that reveals the insidiousness of trauma. This book sneaks up on you (a result of the dreamy and delicate prose) but packs a punch. Peggy Frew can really get inside a family to find its poison but does so with enormous compassion and nuance. Australian literary fiction at its finest.
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery
- Cut off for January orders is midnight Tuesday 31 December
- If you're not receiving an order in January (or you miss the cut-off) we'll put aside your book until February deliveries
- Offer exclusive to members only