Carmen Maria Machado’s new memoir In The Dream House documents the abuse she suffered at the hands of her “petite, blond, Harvard graduate” lover. It's a horrifying but beguiling read which seems to be Machado's trademark combo. At once an exploration of a romance that descends from bliss into gaslighting and abusive control as well as a cultural criticism of the ways in which abuse toward and among women, specifically queer women, is (and is not) represented, this is a truly inventive and accomplished book. Machado is such a unique and brilliant writer and we think everyone should read her!
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery
- Cut off for March orders is midday Friday 20 February
- If you're not receiving an order in March (or you miss the cut-off) we'll put aside your book until April deliveries
- Offer exclusive to members only