‘Omer leads by example, showing us how to re-imagine heroism, grace, and redemption — above all, in our own lives. A vital story, so powerfully written.’ SARAH KRASNOSTEIN, AUTHOR OF THE TRAUMA CLEANER AND THE BELIEVER
Louise Omer was a Pentecostal preacher and faithful wife. But when her marriage crumbled, so did her beliefs.
Haunted by questions about what it means to be female in a religion that worships a male God, she left behind a church and home to ask women around the world: how can we exist in patriarchal religion? And can a woman be holy?
With $500 in her pocket and the conviction that she was following a divine path, Louise began a pilgrimage that has taken her to Mexican basilicas, Swedish cathedrals, Bulgarian mountains, and Moroccan mosques. Holy Woman combines travel writing, feminist theology, and confessional memoir to interrogate modern religion and give a raw and personal exploration of spiritual life under patriarchy.
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for August orders is 5pm Tuesday 26 July;
- If you're not receiving an order in August (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside and send with September's delivery;
- Offer exclusive to members only.
You can purchase as many of the add-on books as you like. Other titles are available here.