An innovative collection of poetry and prose from a vibrant new Indigenous voice on the Australian literary scene.
I told you this was a thirst so great it could carve rivers.
This fierce debut from award-winning writer Evelyn Araluen confronts the tropes and iconography of an unreconciled nation with biting satire and lyrical fury. Dropbear interrogates the complexities of colonial and personal history with an alternately playful, tender and mournful intertextual voice, deftly navigating the responsibilities that gather from sovereign country, the spectres of memory and the debris of settler-coloniality. This innovative mix of poetry and essay offers an eloquent witness to the entangled present, an uncompromising provocation of history, and an embattled but redemptive hope for a decolonial future.
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for May orders is midday Monday 26 April;
- If you're not receiving an order in May (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside and send with June's delivery;
- Offer exclusive to members only.
You can purchase as many of the add-on books as you like. Other titles are available here.