The collection of a lifetime from the bestselling novelist, poet – and cultural phenomenon. Before she became one of the world’s most important and loved novelists, Margaret Atwood was a poet. Dearly is her first collection in over a decade. It brings together many of her most recognisable and celebrated themes, but distilled – from minutely perfect descriptions of the natural world to startlingly witty encounters with aliens, from pressing political issues to myth and legend.
By turns moving, playful and wise, the poems gathered in Dearly are about absences and endings, ageing and retrospection, but also about gifts and renewals. They explore bodies and minds in flux, as well as the everyday objects and rituals that embed us in the present. Werewolves, sirens and dreams make their appearance, as do various forms of animal life and fragments of our damaged environment.
Dearly is a pure Atwood delight, and long-term readers and new fans alike will treasure its insight, empathy and humour.
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for January orders is 9am Monday 28 December;
- If you're not receiving an order in January (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside and send with February's delivery;
- Offer exclusive to members only.
You can purchase as many of the add-on books as you like. Other titles are available here.