An unassuming and melancholic story about first love and friendship from a new voice in Australian fiction, Laura McPhee-Browne. The novel follows Melburnians Hetty and Ness as they fulfill a teenage dream and move to Canada together. Hetty is charming and captivating, the life of the party. Ness is a wallflower, hopelessly in love with her. In the student quarter of Toronto, Hetty disappears into barkeeping work and a whirlwind nightlife, while Ness drifts aimlessly. The book deftly captures the experiences that define youth: love, desire, loss, ambiguity. There is a vulnerability and rawness to McPhee-Browne's writing that many will compare to Sally Rooney and that is completely warranted. This is an impressive debut!
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery
- Cut off for March orders is midday Friday 20 February
- If you're not receiving an order in March (or you miss the cut-off) we'll put aside your book until April deliveries
- Offer exclusive to members only