Shortlisted for the Booker Prize for Fiction 2020
In her youth, Tara was wild. She abandoned her loveless marriage to join an ashram, endured a brief stint as a beggar (mostly to spite her affluent parents), and spent years chasing after a dishevelled, homeless ‘artist’ - all with her young child in tow.
Now she is forgetting things, mixing up her maid’s wages and leaving the gas on all night, and her grown-up daughter is faced with the task of caring for a woman who never cared for her. This is a love story and it is a story about betrayal. But not between lovers - between mother and daughter.
Sharp as a blade and laced with caustic wit, Avni Doshi tests the limits of what we can know for certain about those we are closest to, and by extension, about ourselves.
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for March orders is 9am Thursday 25 February;
- If you're not receiving an order in March (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside and send with April's delivery;
- Offer exclusive to members only.
You can purchase as many of the add-on books as you like. Other titles are available here.