The first volume of the long-awaited, near-mythical biography of Nick Cave, by award-winning writer, Mark Mordue.
A deeply beautiful, profound, profane and poetic biography of the early formative years of the dark prince of Australian rock ‘n’ roll, Boy on Fire is Nick Cave’s creation story. This is the story of the artist first as a boy, then as a young man. A deeply insightful work which charts his family, friends, influences, milieu and, most of all, his music, it reveals how Nick Cave shaped himself into the extraordinary artist he would become.
As well as a powerfully compelling biography of a singular, uncompromising artist, Boy on Fire is also a fascinating social and cultural biography, a vivid and evocative rendering of a time and place, from the fast-running dark river and ghost gums of Wangaratta, to the nascent punk scene which hit staid 1970s Melbourne like an atom bomb, right through to the torn wallpaper, sticky carpet and the manic, wild energy of nights at the Crystal Ballroom.
Boy on Fire is a stunning biographical achievement.
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for January orders is 9am Monday 28 December;
- If you're not receiving an order in January (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside and send with February's delivery;
- Offer exclusive to members only.
You can purchase as many of the add-on books as you like. Other titles are available here.