“This baby’s view of a mother contains funny observations and juxtapositions, and the kind of unexpected truths you find in poetry—A Mother Is a House is truly original” Julia Marshall, Publisher
This crisp and contemporary picture book offers a unique baby’s eye view of the first year, from birth to first steps A mother is a nest, a vehicle, a mirror…The baby sees their mother in every aspect of their day. As the pages go by, the child grows. The mother who was a refuge becomes a road, a story and a show. On the final page, the child is ready to take their first steps. Because a mother is a home that you carry inside you forever. A Mother Is a House looks through the baby’s eyes for an unexpected and affecting picture of parents and home—shown through bright, contemporary illustrations and special inks.
- A warm and unexpected picture of mother and baby from the baby’s point of view;
- Fresh and original (crisp, poetic, funny) in both words and illustrations;
- Dramatic, contemporary artwork printed in special colours.
- Reading notes to spark conversation and imagination
- No extra shipping fees
How does it work?
- Unlike our subscriptions, there's no cut off or waiting times for this title. Once you've placed your order we'll dispatch the book.
- We can include a handwritten note in the delivery if it's a gift. Just enter your message in the ‘Add a note to your order’ section on the cart page.