“This baby’s view of a mother contains funny observations and juxtapositions, and the kind of unexpected truths you find in poetry—A Mother Is a House is truly original” Julia Marshall, Publisher
This crisp and contemporary picture book offers a unique baby’s eye view of the first year, from birth to first steps A mother is a nest, a vehicle, a mirror…The baby sees their mother in every aspect of their day. As the pages go by, the child grows. The mother who was a refuge becomes a road, a story and a show. On the final page, the child is ready to take their first steps. Because a mother is a home that you carry inside you forever. A Mother Is a House looks through the baby’s eyes for an unexpected and affecting picture of parents and home—shown through bright, contemporary illustrations and special inks.
- A warm and unexpected picture of mother and baby from the baby’s point of view;
- Fresh and original (crisp, poetic, funny) in both words and illustrations;
- Dramatic, contemporary artwork printed in special colours.
How "add-ons" work :
- Click 'Add to Cart' and follow the checkout process to purchase;
- Add-on books will be included in your next delivery;
- Cut-off for May orders is midday Monday 26 April;
- If you're not receiving an order in May (or you miss the cut-off), we'll put your book aside and send with June's delivery;
- Offer exclusive to members only.
You can purchase as many of the add-on books as you like. Other titles are available here.